Jotego has released a beta for his JTKIWI core, but unfortunately it does not run The NewZealand Story yet. Instead it is running Insector X, another game based on the same hardware.
Jotego also brought some cores out of beta. These cores include:
Konami’s Ping Pong
- New cores out of beta : https://twitter.com/topapate/status/1601226476522967040
- Twitter post 2 : https://twitter.com/topapate/status/1601225576836403208
- Insector X art style : https://twitter.com/a1exh/status/1600496960074571780
- Insector X art style interview : https://web.archive.org/web/20191012120706/http://shmuplations.com/yoshinorisatake/
- Jotego support page: https://www.patreon.com/jotego
- Jotego Twitter: https://twitter.com/topapate
- Jotego Github: https://github.com/jotego/jtbin
Sega Saturn IO Board
Joel Whybrow designed an IO board that will fit inside of a Sega Saturn case. It still in the design phase and currently requires and original Saturn case. They are working on having the board fit on a model 2 case. These cases are available for purchase and using them would prevent cannibalizing orignal Saturn shells.
- Twitter post : https://twitter.com/whybrow_joel/status/1600459093814104066
- Saturn replacement case : https://castlemaniagames.com/products/saturn-replacement-cases?ref=w9_zngec1o_
I recently showed how to build some GunCon 3 emitters, however if you don’t feel like building your own and have a GunCon 3 without the emitters, MiSTerAddons has you covered with emitters in stock for $20.
If you have a GunCon 2, there’s a sync breakout board in stock.
- Twitter post : https://twitter.com/MisterAddons/status/1601222851989643265
- Video on building emitters : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjO9UONZL5o
Taito F3, Gradius, Super Locomotive & Darius
Core developer Raki has made some posts on Twitter about some future cores. They plan on releasing Gradius and Super Locomotive in the first quarter of next year. Also a core for Taito’s F3 hardware was annoucned. The F3 was 32bit hardware that ran games like Eleveator Action Returns, RayForce and Puzzle Bobble 4
- Twitter Post : https://twitter.com/RCAVictorCo/status/1600487399347585024
- Gradius & Super Locomotive : https://twitter.com/RCAVictorCo/status/1601269861304631296
- Raki Twitter: https://twitter.com/RCAVictorCo
- Raki Github: https://github.com/ika-musume
- Raki support page: https://www.patreon.com/ikamusume
Racing Wheel Guide
Zez Retro created a guide on the state of driving wheels for MiSTer. He tested several driving wheels. talks about compatibilty and how to set up compatible ones. There’s even a buyers guide if you’re in the market for a driving wheel.
Pierco announced he started working on a core for the puzzle arcade game Kiwako.
- Post : https://twitter.com/pcornier/status/1600992050307964928
- Game video : https://youtu.be/rwEQri_YpvA
The PCXT core has finished it’s main development stage. It’s possible that new features will be added, but the developer wont be able to put in as much time now. However, reported bugs will be fixed.
- Dev stage complete : https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?p=65312#p65312
- spark2k06 Github: https://github.com/spark2k06?tab=repositories
- spark2k06 support page: https://ko-fi.com/spark2k06
- spark2k06 Twitter: https://twitter.com/spark2k06
The developer for the Playstation core is playing with doubling the CPU’s clock and adding more cache helping improve framerates in games.
This weeks PlayStation fixes include:
– hang in Grandia(CD)
– long loading times in SimpleSeries Billard(CD)
– sound loop in Alien Ressurection(SPU)
– Chrono Cross crash with Turbo(CPU)
– hang when loading savestates in 480i games
- Twitter post : https://twitter.com/AzumFpg/status/1601248184696967170
- CPU Clock & Cache : https://twitter.com/AzumFpg/status/1601849508333293568
Other MiSTer FPGA Updates
And other miscellaneous MiSTer fixes and updates are:
Irem M72 core