Gamecube Games on Softmodded Wii
This page provides instructions on how to play Gamecube .iso’s off an SD card on a softmodded Wii. These instructions should only be followed by advanced Wii mod users! Please proceed at your own risk:
Part 1 – Prepare the software:
– Download this file and extract it to your desktop – GConWii
– Place the “IOS58-64-v6176.wad” file in the “wad” folder on your SD card.
– Create a “games” folder in the root of your SD card. Don’t bother putting anything in yet.
– Copy the Nintendont and wiimod folders to your apps folder on the sd card. Just to be clear, the path on your SD card will now be:
– Insert the SD card, power on the WII and make sure the Wii is connected to Wifi
– Launch the homebrew channel and update it to the latest version. As long as your Wii is connected to wifi, then all you need to do is load the homebrew channel and wait; After about a minute it’ll ask you to update. After the update has downloaded, it’ll launch the installer…just go through the normal HBC update process.
– Install IOS58 using wiimod
– Launch Nintendont from the Homebrew channel and make sure it loads without errors.
Part 2 – Install games:
Power off the Wii, remove your SD card and head to your computer (Windows only)….
– Download any gamecube iso file.
– Launch the program gcit.exe in the gcit_Win32_Build5 folder
– Open a GC iso file
– Go to File \ Extract \ DiscEx Format and extract it to your desktop
– Copy that folder to your SDCard\games folder
– Power on the Wii, launch Nintendont and select the GC game!
That should be it. I’ve only tested this on a handful of Wii’s, but I’ve had great luck each time. Please let me know if you run into trouble.
Feel free to go back to the main Wii page for more info. If you’d like info on mods for other systems, head to the Getting RGB From Each System page or check out the main page for more retro-awesomeness.