Core’s with ADC and RTC Support
If you’re interested in using the ADC/Tape input and RTC features of MiSTer, user pgimeno on the MiSTerFPGA forums has a thread keeping track of what cores support them.
-The ADC port allows you to connect a tape drive and read games and software stored in cassette tapes.
-The RTC board keeps track of the current time and date, if you’re not connected to the internet.
FM TOWNS CORE
A core for the FM Towns Japanese computer is in development. This computer hosted excellent ports of many arcade games.
An alpha download is also available if you want to try out the core, but only floppy disks work and graphics aren’t fully implemented.
- Forum post : https://misterfpga.org/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=796
- Alpha download : https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?p=62674#p62674
Core developer pierco has shown off some progress for the Express Raider arcade core. He first showed off the Video RAM being written to in simulation and then showed actual graphics being displayed in the simulation. There’s still a lot of work to do before a core will be available.
- VRAM Writes : https://twitter.com/pcornier/status/1584892105415360512
- Graphics appearing : https://twitter.com/pcornier/status/1587075915472945152
SETTING UP MISTER FOR ARCADE CABS
If you have an arcade cabinet and want a dedicated menu for only arcade games then check out RetroRGB’s video regarding that. You are shown how to setup a standard landscape screen setup and also a setup for only vertical arcade games.
- YouTube video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icRuUh8SIC0
Alpha Denshi Core
atrac17 and Darren__O are getting things ready to release a beta for the Alpha Denshi core. It is first going to target the game Gang Wars and then other games will follow.
- Post 1 : https://twitter.com/_atrac17/status/1587716710278258688
- Gang Wars : https://twitter.com/_atrac17/status/1587290569071595520
- Update All script : https://github.com/theypsilon/Update_All_MiSTer
- Darren__O Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darren__O
- Darren__O Github: https://github.com/va7deo?tab=repositories
- Darren__O support page: https://ko-fi.com/darreno
- atrac17 support page: https://www.patreon.com/atrac17
- atrac17 Twitter: https://twitter.com/_atrac17
- atrac17 Github: https://github.com/atrac17?tab=repositories
Playstation Core Updates
Here are some updates that will be coming in the future for the PSX core:
-Timings for the selectable gamepads in the core’s OSD is now about the same as the original pads.
-There was an MDEC fix that gives you glitch-free FMV’s in Star Wars.
- Game pad timings : https://twitter.com/AzumFpg/status/1587423850274373633
- MDEC fix : https://twitter.com/AzumFpg/status/1588216722737319937
- FPGAZumspass Github: https://github.com/RobertPeip
- FPGAZumspass support page: https://www.patreon.com/FPGAzumSpass
- FPGAZumspass Twitter: https://twitter.com/AzumFpg
CPS-3 Board Donated
Jotego is being donated a non-working CPS3 board for chip analysis thanks to the twitter account @TexasShotTakers. It was important to get a non-working board becuase the analysis can destroy it. However, this analysis will help with preservation and core development.
- Post : https://twitter.com/_atrac17/status/1586851804008120320
- Texas ShotTakers links : https://linktr.ee/texasshottakers
Geocities in the AO486 core
Shane McRetro was able to use a MiSTer FPGA to browse an archive of GeoCities he created. The GeoCities archive is hosted on a Raspberry Pi and the MiSTer dials into the Pi using a real 14.4k modem.
The entire process is documented in a forum post, but there is also a YouTube video demonstrating the setup.
- Website : https://twitter.com/ShaneMcRetro/status/1586957962651656192
- Website Article : https://mcretro.net/retrochallenge-2022-10-geocities-rebuild-on-dial-up-at-14-4k/
- Forum post : https://forum.acms.org.au/t/portable-all-in-one-geocities-web-server/255/23
- YouTube video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhbe7veKQ78
Clean Sweep & BBC Bridge Companion
JimmyStones was able to get in contact with the original creator of the Clean Sweep arcade game. He confirmed certain things that were wrong with the core and is still getting more questions answered.
JimmyStones also started comparing is in development Bridge Companion core to the real device to see if timings match
- Clean Sweep update : https://twitter.com/mrjimmystones/status/1585026420065333248
- Bridge Companion update : https://twitter.com/mrjimmystones/status/1585026420065333248
- Jimmy Stones Github: https://github.com/JimmyStones?tab=repositories
- Jimmy Stones support page: https://ko-fi.com/jimmystones
- Jimmy Stones Twitter: https://twitter.com/mrjimmystones
Out Run Beta Available
A beta for OutRun is now available for Jotego’s Patreon subscribers. The complexity of the hardware was the reason for the multiple delays. It’s still not perfect yet, but is in a state that is playable with some non game breaking graphical glitches.
- Jotego Twitter: https://twitter.com/topapate
- Jotego Github: https://github.com/jotego/jtbin
- Jotego support page: https://www.patreon.com/jotego
DE10-Nano Price Increase Coming
UltimateMiSTer, who sells MiSter products, has posted that Terasic has informed them that a price increase to the DE10-Nano is coming in January. This will affect the price of MiSTer setups, so purchasing one before January can save you some money.
- Ultimate MiSTer post : https://ultimatemister.com/de-10-nano-price-is-going-up/
Other MiSTer FPGA Updates
And other core’s getting miscellaneous MiSTer fixes and updates are: