Thunderstruck has released a translation, or a hack rather, of Virtual Lab for the Nintendo Virtual Boy. It removes all Japanese text and leaves only the English that was already present in the game code. Get it here.
VirtuousRage posted some screenshots for translating Virtual Lab some time ago. After that I was asked by several members of the community to do a translation patch. I didn’t really see the point as all the Japanese text is already translated on screen. When I checked for the first time I saw that the hack wouldn’t be as easy so I moved on.
However, I had a look again today and decided to do the absolute minimum. I didn’t do most of the proposed rearrangements and didn’t alter the English text. I just removed the Japanese text and moved the English text on the “Read Instructions” screen a bit.
#virtualboy, #nintendo, #homebrew, #virtuallab, #translation, #hack, #rom