The classic ‘Haunted Mansion’ game The 7th Guest was just re-released as a 25th anniversary remastered edition on both Steam and GOG!
The new edition features:
- Totally new, much praised, game play controls that were built from the ground up.
- Hotspot-based with the option to highlight all hotspots in each game screen.
- Quickly skip through any scene.
- Completely new map, which can be accessed directly from the game screen.
- Many new mouse and keyboard shortcuts.
- Completely new game menus and save/load system.
- Three Music options: The praised, orchestrated, music score re-mastered or the original score in high quality Midi recording or Adlib
- Much improved voice acting audio and all-new, optional subtitles
- High-end graphics upscaling (xBRZ filter) for high-resolution displays
- Optional retro settings: play with original graphics, original music and even the original controls
There’s also a ton of extras, including a full “making of”. I really enjoyed this game as a kid and always wanted to go back and play the Philips CDi version, just for fun! Check out the trailer below, as well as my favorite review of the game!