8BitMods just released a firmware update for their SD-card based Playstation 1 memory card, the MemCard Pro.
The new firmware 1.1.1 addresses a few minor bugs and fixes a particular issue that XStation users were facing when using the ODE’s Memory Card Browser. Also, 8BitMods introduced support for Lattice FPGAs. With the upcoming Memcard Pro batch in June 2022, 8BitMods is launching a new hardware revision (based on the aforementioned Lattice FPGA) but, as of the writing of this post, no new functionality/features are added.
Here is the full list of fixes and updates that are included in fimrware 1.1.1:
- Added support for Lattice FPGAs
- Added support for HW2-1 and HW2-2 cards
- HW2-1 and HW2-2 cards now use a unified firmware for both MCU and FPGA
- (MCU, FPGA) Fixed an issue where the active card wouldn’t “unplug” when switching VMCs through gameID or channels (Fixes issues with XStation Loader’s Memory Card Browser)
- (MCU) Fixed an issue with Space Griffon VF-9 where saves were working but loading back would cause the game to freeze
- (MCU) Updated SQLite driver
- (MCU) Fixed an issue that could leave a database file handle open and lead to a crash / restart
- (Database) Fixed the GameID for Advanced V.G. in the database
To update your MemCard pro, make sure to closely follow the instructions on the new firmware’s page here. The update process for older HW1 cards is slightly different than for newer HW2-1 and HW2-2 cards.
Download the new firmware here: https://install.appcenter.ms/orgs/beta-ucu9/apps/memcardpro/distribution_groups/public
US / North America Pre-Orders: http://bit.ly/memcardpro
Europe Pre-Orders: https://8bitmods.com/memcard-pro-for-playstation-1
MicroSD Cards (get the cheapest): https://www.amazon.com/shop/retrorgb?listId=2ZTMQP0SZ7GRK