The Swiss team has been hard at work with more updates and some new features are focused on the new ways to launch homebrew: The SD2SP2 and the GameCube Loader ODE.
One interesting update is the focus on support for multi-disc games. This is something that I tend to forget about, as my personal favorite GC games are single-disc, but there’s actually quite a few multi-disc GC games and it’s awesome that we’re getting updated support for them!: https://gamicus.gamepedia.com/List_of_GameCube_video_games_with_multiple_discs
It’s my strong opinion that any GameCube power user should always be using Swiss, regardless if you’re booting original discs or homebrew. It offers so much flexibility and so many options that it’s become an integral part of my GC experience.
The latest version of Swiss can be found here and the full list of updates can be found below: https://github.com/emukidid/swiss-gc/releases
GameCube Action Replay with 16X Memory$249.99
Action Replay Gamecube
- Update gcloader.png to final
- Find second disc through the metadata cache.
- Don’t load stale patch fragments.
- Fix igr.dol without patch fragments.
- Fix fragments list handling.
- Skip duplicates of default DOL.
- Don’t patch PAD for GCLoader since it has no patch base installed (yet)
- Don’t install execD patch unless if we really need to (non alt patches is the only real use)
- Add GCLoader support (no multi-dol patch support)
- Don’t show select_alt_dol when the selection is just the main DOL and the apploader trailer
- Basic accommodation for shrunk disc images without requisite size alignment.
- Add 2-disc support for USB Gecko.
- Fix size of fragmented patch fragments.
- Fix igr.dol for Wiikey Fusion.
- Add 2-disc support for File Service Protocol.
- Use virtual offset for second disc.
- Use DMA length for read command.
- Fix subtle bugs with igr.dol.
- Optimize globals with minimal impact.
- Give DOL apploaders their own type.
- Add game-specific patch for Phantasy Star Online Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution.
- Rewrite game-specific patch for Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Plus.
- Patch Phantasy Star Online’s compressed switcher DOL.
- Add workaround for race hazard in Luigi’s Mansion.
- Prevent File Service Protocol from being used as configuration device.
- Add game-specific patch for Pokémon Box: Ruby & Sapphire.
- Rewrite anti-debugger removal for Pokémon Colosseum.
- Rewrite anti-debugger removal for Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.
- Handle mixed debug/release build for Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg.
- Improve IGR.
- Prevent access to Serial Port 2.
- Remove redundant check.
- Fix crash in Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.
- Add game-specific patch for Summoner: A Goddess Reborn.
- Complete game-specific patch for Viewtiful Joe (Europe).
- Fix FAT mount status.
- Add game-specific patch for Viewtiful Joe (Europe).
- Minor optimizations.
- Support read fragments for GCLoader.
- Improve in-game SD card compatibility.
- Fix stupid mistake.