MakeMHz has just released a massive firmware update for the XboxHD+ internal HDMI kit for the original Xbox. There’s new features, buxfixes, tweaks and tons more! I strongly recommend checking out the release link below for details, but I also provided a summary below. To get this new firmware, either connect your console to a network and download it, manually add the update app via FTP and run it there.
More Info: https://makemhz.com/blogs/news/xboxhd-fw2-1-release
MakeMHz XboxHD+: https://retrorgb.link/xboxhd
OpenXenium ModChip: https://makemhz.com/products/openxenium
Kit + Installation Service: https://stoneagegamer.com/xbox-hd-makemhz-digital-kit-installation-service.html?afmc=retrorgb
Here’s a summary of the changes in this firmware, with my original review below:
- True Multi-Region Support – Over 80 non-NTSC exclusive titles for the Xbox are now 100% compatible with the XboxHD+
- 128MB RAM Support – This will allow support for any homebrew that can take advantage of the 128MB ROM mod.
- Native XeniumOS (OpenXenium) Support – This includes full support for 480p
- XboxHD+ App UI Rewrite – An easy GUI to select resolution and aspect ratio, as well as audio settings
- Auto Video Blanking – This will automatically blank video output during resolution changes, to prevent glitches on-screen.
- Aspect Ratio Fixes and Correction Options – This will help ensure the true AR is being displayed
- Kung Fu Chaos – Force 480p – This is one of the few games that only supports 480i, but it can now be forced to 480p
- Additional Changes and Fixes
- Resolved freezing issue that was affecting some 1.0/1.1 installs.
- Fixed surround sound support.
- Resolved all known aspect issues.
- Various installation guide changes and improvements
- Initial support and documentation of settings.json