Update: The event was a success! Thanks so much for everyone who participated both live and on-stream! Video footage of the event is below, as well as a link to the full stream!
Tonight at Next Level in Brooklyn, NY is NLBC + Virtual Boy Livestrem event, brought to you by @nycfurby! People will be able to play VB Hyper Fighting head-to-head, with local viewing on an RGB monitor and a 720p stream for people viewing
Stream Links (will be updated at the time of the event):
The setup is as follows:
- Two refurbished Virtual Boy consoles, provided by Video Games New York
- Full-sized fight stick, or original controller on #1 (your choice), modded by Ben Fong
- Special Edition VB Fight stick provided by Benj Edwards, or original controller on #2
- RGB monitor for anyone watching in-person
- VB Link cable provided by Kevin Mellott
- Furrtek’s Virtual Tap: Output #1 = 240p RGB output to a Sony PVM monitor for live viewing
- Furrtek’s Virtual Tap: Output #2 = 720p VGA output for streaming
- Two copies of Hyper Fighting for the Virtual Boy provided by an anonymous donor
- One backup VB* with dual Virtual Tap output, backup link cable and backup controller!
This setup showcases absolutely everything the Virtual Boy homebrew scene has to offer, with pretty much the only “official” piece of equipment being the VB itself! It’s a testament to the developers, modders and players that made this a reality…
…oh and it’s friggin Street Fighter on Virtual Boy!?!?!?!? I hope to see you there, either on-stream or in person!
End Date: Wednesday Aug-12-2020 11:11:17 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $189.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
*All of the equipment at the event has been fully refurbished and ready for battle! That being said, the VB’s themselves are almost 24 years old, so I wanted to prepare for any and all issues!
Thanks so much to @nycfurby, @VideoGamesNYC and all the awesome people that made last night's stream so fun! We'll DEFINITELY be doing this again at some point!
More info & stream links to anyone who missed it: https://t.co/cEYytn9Y9C pic.twitter.com/lAiULEqzbx
— RetroRGB (@RetroRGB) May 9, 2019