The Neo Geo Dev Team has just announced that a port of the Neo Geo game Gunlord will be coming to the Switch on May 22nd for $10!
I recently streamed other NG Dev Team games and am I’m a huge fan of the team’s work. I’m also really excited to see these games on other platforms, as their Neo Geo versions are just too expensive for most people to afford. Please keep in mind that the price of the games are dictated by hardware costs, not just made up by the team: Each NG Dev Team game such as Kraut Buster and Gunlord use custom hardware that make it even more expensive than regular (already pricey to manufacture) Neo Geo carts. In fact, the hardware is so complex, the ROM’s can’t even be emulated on Neo Geo ROM carts!!!
Luckily, releasing their games on platforms like the Nintendo eShop will allow a much wider variety of people to experience them. I hope the team gets enough sales from this to fund ports of this and other games to more consoles. Maybe if they sell well enough, they can even something crazy like a MiSTer demo…that’s just my wishful thinking though!!!
Check out the features and differences from the original below:
End Date: Friday Sep-13-2019 15:18:09 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $155.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- Significantly increased level size of the later levels offering new secrets and challenges.
- 4 new boss enemies
- Added a completely new horizontal jet pack stage
- Permanent continue and shortcut/level warp unlocks by collecting all big diamonds in stage.
- Auto save and level select features (you can revisit already beat stages at any time)
- Accomplishments screens and statistics screens for speedrunners
- Limited enemy respawns to essential enemies.
- Added Newgame+ (for speedrunning and new secrets)
- Increased the viewport to widescreen – Improved viewport scrolling
- Scanline/RGB CRT TV shader – Increased sprite/particle effects
- Added alpha blending special FX (Hi-Bit “32-bit” style)
- Added parallax scrolling elements
- Added new music tracks
- Improved controls (direct control over the 360° snake beam with R Stick)
- Optional modern twin stick controls (control movement and shooting direction independently)
- Fully customizable controls
- Improved difficulty curve especially on bosses
- Rebalanced weapon powerlevels
- Added a new power shot weapon
- Stable 60 fps in both docked/undocked mode
- HD rumble