Retro Fighters has just opened pre-orders on another round of the first controller they ever made: An NES controller called the “Jab”. It has both NES and USB options; Compatibility and more features are listed below. The price is $25 plus shipping and they should arrive at customers within a month.
I’ll be honest, I’m not sure I “get” this one. Do we really need an NES controller with shoulder buttons and analog sticks? Or maybe I’m looking at the all wrong – Maybe this is a “PC USB Controller” that can also work with an NES? Sadly (and as usual), there’s no lag test results posted. The price certainly makes this worth the gamble though…so if this style controller is something that interested you, maybe give it a shot?
- A better D-pad, Engineered for less stress on thumbs. Textured for better grip and control.
- Repositioned “B” and “A” buttons allow for a more comfortable and captivating experience.
- Smooth and responsive, analog sticks can also act as buttons. Play your favorite games solely using the analog sticks.
- Ultra fast turbo button for times when you need a little extra help. Turn it off when you don’t.
- Multiple compatibility and connectivity options – Play on the original NES system, aftermarket NES system, PC or MAC. *not compatible with Analogue NT Mini.
- Use the shoulder and trigger buttons in conjunction with the analog sticks or the D-pad to allow for numerous button combinations.
- Not compatible with the NES Classic Edition (NES USB Adapter required)
- NTSC region compatible only (Not PAL compatible)