PSX Core updates
THe PlayStation core has most features almost implemented, but some important bugs still need to be fixed before an official release is done.
Some games that have had major bugs fixed so far with help from the community are:
Tobal No. 1
Dead or Alive
Jackie Chan’s Stuntmaster
All Resident Evil games
- Twitter posts
Core developer Jotego has taken some of his cores out of private beta and made them public. The new publicly available cores are:
Konami’s Ping Pong
And Hyper Sports
He also has released a new Rastan Saga arcade core for his Patreon subscribers.
- New public cores: https://twitter.com/topapate/status/1512444833775984650?s=20&t=9ulgreUJaOTo0ZKdYr97UQ
- Rastan: https://twitter.com/topapate/status/1512460265387929610?s=20&t=g-3RCsigxpnLbamiEzyXAA
- GitHub: https://github.com/jotego/jtbin
- Support Jotego on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/topapate
Mister Stage Event
Just this past Friday, a new MiSTer Stage event was broadcast. This episode featured core developers Wickerwaka and Birdybro.
Wickerwaka, has worked on adaptive scanlines, contributed to cores, helped with documentation and more.
Birdybro, has worked on multiple cores like Joust 2 and Mystic Marathon.
Eventually the episode will be available to listen to on-demand through podcast apps and YouTube.
- WickerWaka GitHub links:
- Birdybro GitHub links:
My Ironclad Plus Video
Last week I released a video on a MiSTer IO board that lets you conveniently attach a MiSTer FPGA to a Mini-ITX, Micro-ATX, or ATX computer case. Giving you many options for the look of your MiSTer setup. Check out the video if you’re interested in having that type of setup.
- YouTube video: https://youtu.be/AaZ8sVeEssQ
RetroRGB MiSTer Video
If you want a video that helps you get a MiSTer FPGA up and running as quickly as possible with as low a budget as possible, Bob from RetroRGB has posted a video to help you do just that.
If you just bought a MiSTer, or planning to, or even want to re-do your setup, check out the video.
- YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5__shDTYMQ
Checkmate Display with built-in MiSTer
Checkmate have announced two flat panel monitors inspired by the look of older CRT’s. One of the monitors will have a MiSTer built-in. A kickstarter will be announced soon and they also have a video that answers a lot of questions people have about the project.
- YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho_m-woNHUs
- Website: https://checkmate1500plus.com/IntroductionDisplays.aspx
Inferno Arcade core by JasonA
Core developer JasonA has released a work in progress core for the arcade game Inferno.
Inferno is a twin stick shooter developed by Williams Electronics and released in 1984.
- MiSterFPGA forum post: https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?p=48329#p48329
Next186 PC Core
JasonA has also started work on porting the Next186 core from the Mist project.
Next186 is a core for older PC hardware. It can run DOS 8086 and 80186 applications. It’s also possible to get most 80286 applications running and it also may run real-mode 32bit 386 applications.
Even though we already have the AO486 core, using a core dedicated for the older hardware will probably be more optimal for running games and software from a certain time period that run better and are more compatible with that hardware.
- Next186 MiSTer GitHub: https://github.com/JasonA-dev/Next186_MiSTer
- Original Next186 project: https://opencores.org/projects/next186_soc_pc
ESP Ra. De. Cave core
Core developer nullobject has made a public release for another Cave game. This one is for the game ESP Ra.De.
ESP Ra. De is a 1998 vertically scrolling bullet hell game with a science fiction theme. Players can choose between 3 playable characters to make their way through 5 increasingly difficult levels.
- nullobject patreon: https://www.patreon.com/nullobject
Other MiSTer FPGA Updates
And other cores getting miscellaneous fixes and updates are:
- Mystic Marathon:
- NeoGeo: https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?p=48036#p48036
- Adventure Vision: https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?p=48098#p48098
- Support Sorgelig, the creator of the MiSTer project, on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/FPGAMiSTer