Data East Arcade Games
atrac17 announced the next core being worked on with Darren_O is Robocop 2. Other games that can come out of this core are:
- Post : https://twitter.com/_atrac17/status/1670758126830907393
- atrac17 Twitter: https://twitter.com/_atrac17
- atrac17 Github: https://github.com/atrac17?tab=repositories
- atrac17 support page: https://www.patreon.com/atrac17
- Darren__O Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darren__O
- Darren__O Github: https://github.com/va7deo?tab=repositories
- Darren__O support page: https://ko-fi.com/darreno
- Patreon post : https://www.patreon.com/posts/coinop-robocop-2-84796173
Alternate Game & Watch Core
Adam Gastineau is developing a new Game & Watch core with more features and documentation. It’s expected to support multiple CPU types and Adam also mentioned the possibility of supporting Tiger Electronics handhelds.
Midway Z Unit Core
atrac17 posted an update on Pr4m0d’s Williams Z-Unit arcade core running NARC. It’s mentioned that the core is very close and Pr4m0d is starting to debug the rom check failure.
- Post : https://twitter.com/_atrac17/status/1670057865531523072
- pram0d Twitter: https://twitter.com/pr4m0d
- pram0d Github: https://github.com/psomashekar?tab=repositories
NES Zelda Port to SNES
Developer infidelity ported NES Zelda to the SNES but MiSTer owners were experiencing issues with the port. The issues seem to be resolved now and you can obtain the update on infidelity’s discord server.
- Post : https://twitter.com/infidelity_nes/status/1672228892197679104
- Discord : https://twitter.com/infidelity_nes/status/1671477489644843010
- RetroRGB article : https://www.retrorgb.com/nes-zelda-ported-to-snes.html
atrac17 posted about obtaining a PCB with an NEC V33 CPU. Darren__O will be using the CPU to verify against his implementation for thier Raiden DX project.
Neo Geo Pocket
On Patreon Jotego mentioned that almost all the monochrome Neo Geo Pocket systems are implemented now. Only things missing now are the horizontal blank interrupt and the DMA logic.
Jotego has more details regarding the core on Patreon and also details about releasing the Analogue Pocket System 16B core.
- Patreon post: https://www.patreon.com/posts/system-16b-and-85014053
- Jotego Twitter: https://twitter.com/topapate
- Jotego Github: https://github.com/jotego/jtbin
- Jotego support page: https://www.patreon.com/jotego
A big update to wizzo’s MiSTerFPGA remote script was recently pushed. It now has MiSTer.ini editing support. This script now allows you to load up a browser on your phone or computer and change settings.
Check out all the details on the MiSTerFPGA forum post.
- Twitter post : https://twitter.com/wizzomafizzo/status/1672629021832777728
- Forum post : https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?p=74653#p74653
- Other scripts overview : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukqkpCpw00M&t=115s
- Support page : https://ko-fi.com/wizzo
For the WIP N64 core, 3 very simple Floating Point operations have passed tests. Robert, the developer also mentions that all transfer operations between CPU and FPU are also implemented.
He’s now laid the groundwork to ease the work for the more difficult parts.
- Post : https://twitter.com/AzumFpg/status/1672591345398038532
- FPGAZumspass Twitter: https://twitter.com/AzumFpg
- FPGAZumspass Github: https://github.com/RobertPeip
- FPGAZumspass support page: https://www.patreon.com/FPGAzumSpass