FPGA Game Boy Color
The FPGA Game Boy Color by Funny Playing has been released. It is a kit that you have to build yourself, but no soldering is involved.
FPGA emulation of the Gameboy and Gameboy Color.
Supports cartridges for both those systems.
USB-C connection for charging and firmware updating.
It costs $70 but it’s currently sold out.
- Product page : https://funnyplaying.com/products/fpgbc-kit
- Mahko video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHHCYpsuCyg
- Taki Udon video : https://youtu.be/Cesh5OAL4uk
MiSTer Laggy in the UK
Grumpy Old Gamer UK is selling MiSTer Laggy’s in the UK/EU for 11 pounds. So far a small batch was ordered and are being offered with free UK postage.
- Product page : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325890593206
- Post : https://twitter.com/GOGamerUK/status/1725589423616573613
- US Order page : https://www.tindie.com/products/pbretro/mister-laggy/
- US Stock Update : https://twitter.com/wickerwaka/status/1725930172917170426
- MiSTer Laggy Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2RAG3FwDVA
Gang Busters and new public cores from Jotego
Jotego released a new beta core for the arcade game Gang Busters. This is a Konami arcade vertical shooter where you control a law enforcement officer to help clean up the streets.
Jotego also released the Final Round core to the public. This is an arcade boxing game.
Maintenance updates were also made to the following cores:
- Post : https://twitter.com/topapate/status/1725567413607870475
- Jotego Twitter: https://twitter.com/topapate
- Jotego Github: https://github.com/jotego/jtbin
- Jotego support page: https://www.patreon.com/jotego
Ranny Snice released a new Castlevania wallpaper for the MiSTer FPGA. You can obtain wallpapers for the MiSTer FPGA by enabling them in the update all script.
The Nintendo 64 has added and option to de-dither, which can smooth out graphics in certain situations. Also the TLB has started to be implemented and now Mario 64 doesn’t need a patch to work on the core.
Robert also has a Patreon post discussing the technical details of some recent updates and fixes.
Post 1 https://twitter.com/AzumFpg/status/1726207420698148971
Post 2 https://twitter.com/AzumFpg/status/1724431550438080594
FPGAZumspass Twitter: https://twitter.com/AzumFpg
FPGAZumspass Github: https://github.com/RobertPeip
FPGAZumspass support page: https://www.patreon.com/FPGAzumSpass
There’s a new developer (Solal retro gaming) that is working on developing a MiSTer FPGA core for the arcade game Toki. The core already looks far along in development but the dev mentions that the sound part needs to be developed.
- Post : https://twitter.com/s_on_vg/status/1725659371864985826
- Ko-fi page : https://ko-fi.com/solalretrogaming
4K horizontal res cores
User “justaguy” on the MiSTer FPGA forums released a some forked cores that run at a horizontal 4K resolution. This was achieve by using a lower vertical resolution, like 720 pixels, you then enable the stretch-to-fit setting on your television to fill the screen.
There are cores for the NES, SNES, Megadrive, MegaCD, PSX and TG16. They will have to be manually installed on your MiSTer FPGA.