Sad news for the NARC core. It looks like there isn’t enough bandwith to cover everything in the core, so Pramod has to use dual SDRAM.
Pramod said that he will TRY to work around the bandwidth limitations, but warns us that it might not work.
- Post : https://twitter.com/pr4m0d/status/1676557145834225666
- pram0d Twitter: https://twitter.com/pr4m0d
- pram0d Github: https://github.com/psomashekar?tab=repositories
FPGA’s as Replacement Chips
Benj Edwards on twitter recently posted about an FPGA based-pin compatible 6502 replacement, that can run up to 100MHz. The developer has no current plans to make this into a commercial project but does provide documentation on building your own. However there are supply issues with the FPGA chip.
- Benj Edwards tweet : https://twitter.com/benjedwards/status/1676612664661868545
- FPGA SID : https://www.fpgasid.de/
- MDA/CGA FPGA: https://hackaday.com/2022/11/13/emulate-any-isa-card-with-a-raspberry-pi-and-an-fpga/
- Any ISA Card using FPGA & RPi : https://hackaday.com/2022/11/13/emulate-any-isa-card-with-a-raspberry-pi-and-an-fpga/
Great news for the Nintendo 64 core. Robert, the developer, finished the FPU implementation much faster than expected. Also the resource cost on the FPGA is less than than expected.
- Patreon post: https://www.patreon.com/posts/fpu-done-85571231
- FPGAZumspass Twitter: https://twitter.com/AzumFpg
- FPGAZumspass Github: https://github.com/RobertPeip
- FPGAZumspass support page: https://www.patreon.com/FPGAzumSpass
It’s been a while since the last update on the Sega Pico core. Shane Lynch looked at where the project was left off last year and says that the ADPCM audio is really close.
Sega System 16 Core
Jotego released a maintenace update for the System 16 core, fixing a lot of issues in many games. There is also support for Mike Simone’s Y/C video output.
- Post : https://twitter.com/topapate/status/1677605448537497601
- Jotego Twitter: https://twitter.com/topapate
- Jotego Github: https://github.com/jotego/jtbin
- Jotego support page: https://www.patreon.com/jotego
MiSTer FPGA Discord Game Challenge
The next game in the Mr. FPGA discord game challenge is the original Donkey Kong arcade game. This is a single credit score challenge and goes until July 21st.
atrac17 announced ta beta release of Phantasm, aka Avenging Spirit, for the Jaleco Mega System 1 core written by Darren__O. There is also an update to Prehistoric Isle with some bug fixes.
- Public Patreon post : https://www.patreon.com/posts/coinop-presents-85796778
- Darren__O Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darren__O
- Darren__O Github: https://github.com/va7deo?tab=repositories
- Darren__O support page: https://ko-fi.com/darreno
- atrac17 Github: https://github.com/atrac17?tab=repositories
- atrac17 support page: https://www.patreon.com/atrac17
- atrac17 Twitter: https://twitter.com/_atrac17