EON has just announced their latest product, a dual-outputting GCVideo plug & play solution that can simultaneously output analog signals and HDMI – The FIRST of it’s kind to be made commercially available. It will be available next month for $150, the same price as their previous HDMI-only adapter.
This solution was designed by Dan Kunz, aka Citrus3000Psi and is based off of Unseen’s open-source GCVideo project. I had the pleasure of testing a prototype of Dan’s solution last year and I can vouch for its high-quality output, as well as dual-output performance. A full list of features are as follows:
- Standard-sized HDMI out
- Additional Wii Component/RGB SCART port
- Simultaneous analog and digital video output
- 3.5 mm stereo audio out/MiniTOSLINK (one port, dual use)
- Updated custom GCVideo firmware
- A redesigned plug made from ballistic nylon for a snug-and-secure fit
- 3 new colors (Indigo, Black, and Platinum)
It appears this product will replace their existing GameCube HDMI-only device, as opposed to being sold alongside it. That makes sense, as there are some good quality HDMI-only solutions being sold at the moment for significantly lower prices.